Friday, October 24, 2008

Combat Life Saver

The term is used in reference to how we all become certified to help save lives by knowing a bit more than just basic CPR. We learned to put in a Nasalpharyngeal tube (goes in the nose), apply tourniquets & bandages, cover a sucking chest wound, relieve an over inflating lung (pneumothorax something or other) by plunking a needle in their chest, and the finale of giving and receiving an IV. I thought I wouldn't be able to put a needle in, but did well, the CW2 (chief warrant officer) who I stuck said it was painless. Anyway, it was an interesting day and though tomorrow is Saturday, we have to train one more half day. Good news is we are going to test before lunch and be done, so I can get going to Oklahoma city to see my son. I can't wait to see him, this will be the 5th time this year I will see him, and I hope to get a few more visits in before I leave Kansas. Well, that's about all I have for now, will update maybe next week after our specialized training.

No comments: