Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Relaxed Grooming Standards

Today we got called out by a 1 star General (who turned out to be the division commander) about our haircuts. My SF boss says "relaxed grooming standards" and the CG says "not in the 1st ID!" Interesting. Didn't ask how the training was, nor anything important, just that we needed haircuts. Long time since last update, the only thing I have to say is I saw my son Casey last weekend, great time as usual. I plan to see him in 2 weeks, between going home for Veteran's day weekend and going to my mom's for Thanksgiving. Could be my last chance to see him for a long while.

Today we picked up our vehicles and weapons, what we will use for training while we are here. We won't take any of it with us, just use it for training. The only thing we take is our small arms (M4 and M9).

This weekend I get to go home for the first time since 26 September, and that will be very nice. Other than that, not much else to talk about. Will probably not update until next week after I get back.

No comments: